The Angola Water Treatment Plant acquired by the City in 1921 was originally a private owned steam plant that started in 1885 at the 300 W. Mill St. site. Plant improvements and several expansion projects have brought about the present facilities which include, aeration, filtration, ion exchange softening, chlorination and fluoridation. Total capacity is 1.728 MGD. In 1989 a second treatment plant was completed and put in service at the 550 Pokagon Trail site. This treatment plant utilizes the same methods of treatment. Total capacity is 1.728 MGD. The City of Angola Water Works is responsible for providing safe reliable and sustainable drinking water and managing drinking water production, storage and distribution facilities for its present and future customers.