Located on County Road 7, one mile west of the junction of State roads 327 and 8, the Christian Union Cemetery has expanded from the original 1 ½ acres donated by Jacob Brechbill in 1888. At the time, the land was large enough for a church building, hitching places for the horses and small plot of ground “wherein to bury the humane dead.” It was noted that part of a wheat field adjacent to the church had to be cut at the time of the burial of Sarah Yard in 1882.
The entire cemetery now encompasses fifteen acres. In 1918, the cemetery was incorporated and in 1949, land on the west side of the road was purchased from the Walter Davidson family. The first west side addition was opened in 1950 with one section set apart for burial of babies known as Baby Haven. The second west side addition opened in July, 1965 and the rest of the cemetery was surveyed in 1979 and opened Memorial Day, 1980.